Home > Substitute Teacher Application
Substitute Teacher Application
Thank you for your interest in a position as a substitute teacher in the Catholic Schools. To teach in a Catholic school is to participate in the teaching mission of Christ. As Jesus came to witness to the love of His Father, so our Catholic School teachers witness to that love and assist their students to discover and grow in His love. You will find that substituting in a Catholic school holds many benefits for you. The faith communities in our schools assist a person who is new to teaching or returning to the profession.
60 or more college credit hours.
Possess a valid Indiana Educator License or Substitute Permit
Only those on the approved Diocesan Substitute Teacher list are eligible for work/pay as substitute teacher in the Diocese.
Now Accepting Substitute Teacher Applications for 2017-2018 School Year
Application Process:Applicants should apply directly to the Catholic Schools Office (CSO) by submitting the following application materials:
- A completed application form;
- One pastoral reference completed by the pastor and submitted directly to the CSO;
- Two professional references completed by the referents and submitted directly to the CSO;
- Official Transcripts from all colleges/universities attended;
- To apply for a substitute permit, go to https://license.doe.in.gov/ and create a profile.
- For step by step instruction for the permit application process, click here .
- When selecting employer information, select "Diocese of Fort Wayne - 9220"
- *Your permit will not be approved until all other application documentation has been processed.
- Complete background screens. Once the above items have been processed in the Catholic Schools Office, you will be sent email instructions for completing Safe Environment Education and background screenings. There is a fee for these screenings payable directly to the third party provider via their secure website. Your Social Security number will be required to complete the search.
Applicants will only be considered after all application materials have been submitted to the CSO. Application materials and instructions can be found under Downloads & Resources located to the right of the page. When ALL PARTS of the substitute teacher application package are complete, your name will be added to the substitute list and sent to the schools.
Please have application materials sent to the Catholic Schools Office, Attn: Administrative Assistant-Personnel, 915 S. Clinton Street, PO Box 390, Fort Wayne, IN 46801
or via email at email@example.com
Applicants for Long-term Substitute Teacher:
Long-term substitute teacher applicants need to complete the teacher application. Please click here to be directed to the Teacher Application.